1. AFROSEED ENTERPRENURSHIP SUMMIT
The Afro-Students Entrepreneurship Education Summit is aimed at fostering access to viable entrepreneurship education for young people across Africa.
The summit offers the right platform for the sharing of best practices from the viewpoint of the experts and leaders in entrepreneurship education, government, multinational agencies, development agencies, academia, media and students.
It also offers innovative students from across Africa to showcase their innovative businesses; network and access much needed funding.
This summit offers:
- Discuss about the entrepreneurship education sector and its future in Africa;
- Share lessons learned and best practices;
- Showcase new innovations and initiatives in the sector;
- Discuss funding strategies and highlight where funding opportunities might occur;
- Share experiences on how to forge collaborative action among players in the ecosystem.
- Participation is open to everyone across the world with an interest in entrepreneurship education, community development, SDGs and youth empowerment.
The first Summit was held in January 2020 in Abuja Nigeria
2. AFRO STUDENTS’ BIZ CHALLENGE
Afro- students Entrepreneurship Challenge is a platform for student entrepreneurs in high schools and universities across Africa to showcase their innovative business models and community service projects with capacity to address one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Shortlisted teams from each participating country will be invited to the AFROSEED Summits where the pitch to a panel of judges who will determine the most creative, innovative and impactful team.
HOW TO ENTER
We are looking for school/community-based teams with business initiatives that have gone beyond the initial concept and started to make an impact relating two categories we are focusing on:
- For Profit Enterprise: A business model that is FOCUSED on addressing at least one customer problem and has the ability to maximize profit and scale.
- Social Enterprise: A business model FOCUSED on addressing at least one SOCIAL PROBLEM with the capacity to generate revenue for the sustenance of the social impact.
WHO CAN ENTER?
All high school and university students not older than 25 years are eligible to enter. High school students must form a team of not less than 5 students. Individual entries are allowed for university students.
HOW TO ENTER
To submit your entry, you’ll need to create a profile and complete the application form on our website.
- 5 minutes video on project concept made by the students
- Photos of project activities
GUIDLINE AND CRITERIA
- The competition is open to high schools and universities across Africa
- Must be a team-based project at least 5 students for high school entries
- Business must relate to one or two of the categories : For Profit or Social Enterprise
- Entries must be submitted in English.
- Make a 5 minute summary video of the business concept
- Submit business concept of not more than four pages showing your LAEN BUSINESS MODEL(appendix)
- Send in photos of your project activities.
3. 2022 AFROSEED AfCTA YOUTH ENGAGEMENT FORUM
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.